Homemade Candles Beeswax
Nothing beats homemade candles. As gifts or just around the home or for outside with some citronella to keep the bugs at bay.
1. Supplies for homemade candles: beeswax, jars, candle wick, scissors, and masking tape.
2. Begin by heating up the wax on the stove in a pot to 140°F. You don’t want the temperature to exceed 185°F. Pour a small layer into the base of a jar and place a piece of candle wick into the center of the jar.
3. Hold this in place until the wax is dry enough to where the the wick stays in place.
4. Next, make an X with tape over the top of the jar, poke a hole through the top and pull the wick through. Fill up the jar with melted wax til the desired height. We filled ours 1/2 an inch from the top.
5. After the beeswax is completely solid, cut the wick so that it’s 1/2 inch tall. 6. Light + enjoy your pretty, new homemade candles!