A firm vegan cheese that can be sliced and grated and is simple to make and full of good stuff.
SMOKED CASHEW VEGAN CHEESE RECIPE
- 1 cup / 150g Cashews
- ½ cup / 40g Nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Agar agar powder
- 1 clove of Garlic
- 1 Lemon juiced
- ¼ tsp Turmeric
- ¼ tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1½ cups / 350ml Water
- a pinch of Salt
- Place half the water and everything else apart from the agar agar into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- In a pan put in the remaining half of the water and the agar agar.
- Simmer for 5 mins stirring constantly. Make sure no lumps of agar agar form at the bottom.
- Take off the heat and stir in the cashew mixture until combined.
- Pour into a mould and then chill for an hour.
- Enjoy within 5 days and keep chilled.
- Can be frozen to last for up to 3 months.
If you make this cashew cheese recipe please do tag me on Instagram @nestandglow, I love seeing my recipes created!